Monday, June 21, 2010

What a great week to launch a publishing empire. Ok, maybe just market a single book--but still, a great week.

This process of releasing a book has been such a ride. There is so much to do to get sales rolling it can get overwhelming. the book industry is vast, to say the least. But I have a solid plan for getting the word out and I am eating this elephant one bite at a time.

I posed on Friday for an article in the Daily Herald, to be published tomorrow, June 22. I hope they characterize my book correctly--but, these things are always tricky. So, I must adopt the attitude of appreciating the free advertising and not worrying about any misrepresentations. With luck the photos will turn out Healthy, Thin, & Sexy.

Last week I announced a streamlined method for obtaining signed copies through the Miracle Pill website and subsequently found Paypal did not publish those changes on my buy page. Aarrgh! So, now the best way to request a signed book is to "leave instructions for seller" on the final buy page before confirming purchase. The book is also available on Amazon.com, but they do the order fulfillment directly, so those books cannot be signed by the author--me :)

I'm starting to get feedback from people who tell me different principles are resonating with them. When they report their behaviors are starting to change it makes me feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment