Thursday, July 1, 2010

Since the launch of this book I have gradually grasped how differently each person resonates with the "truths." Feedback from readers, I have learned, is an unexpected, and terribly satisfying gift. One person spoke to me of the power of "just worrying about today." He no longer belabors the excesses of yesterday and he doesn't feel overwhelmed with thoughts of endless exercise tomorrow. Instead, he just treats himself kindly today. Another friend shared how gratitude now permeates her self-image and she has subsequently lost 5 pounds from feeling positive about her body. Another reader felt strongly that the idea of creating long-lasting habits that can be continued until he is 80 years old, was key to his successful weight loss.

As I do book signings and meet with groups to talk about the book, I look forward to hearing about each person's journey. It is rewarding to feel like my sharing has been a benefit to others.

1 comment:

  1. My greatest "aha" as I have internalized the truths in Miracle Pill would be the simple idea of recovery/compensation meals, days, and weeks. Rather embarrassing that this is a truly new concept. But somehow piecing this idea together with "an eating plan you can sustain 'til your 80" has opened my eyes. THANK YOU for the paradigm shift!!

    ReplyDelete