Sunday, January 23, 2011

Path Helpers

Aspire

While in the audience last week to hear Kevin Hall, author of “Aspire,” I learned: when you are on your true path you will discover people who will help you reach your goals. He defined true path as having such passion for what we do that we would do it even if we didn’t get paid. It made me sit up and think: would I write and speak, teach, and blog, if I never made a dime doing it? The answer is unequivocally, YES! I would, in fact, share my story with others, even if there was no book involved. I know this because I spoke for free to audiences for years before I ever wrote the book. My heart connected with his theory on “path helpers” because the twelve-year progression toward releasing my book in print was dotted by my collision with numerous talented people who provided me with inspired editing, beautiful graphics, ideas, marketing, referrals, and opportunities. None of those people would have crossed my path if I had not had the itch at the back of my soul to put down in words the solutions so salient to learning how to manage my body well. I had to start down the right road and “Shazam!” these folks were waiting for me all along. It turns out I had to put in the time, do the work, and have the dream, but my “helpers” were there exactly on cue at my moment of need.

May you face your true path, take a step and then another. And may you feel the same giddy sense of mystification I felt when your guide/friend/coach/expert steps forward with a hand extended and says, “Yes, I can help you do that.”

Learn more about “Aspire” and hear author Kevin Hall’s weekly podcast:

https://aspireleadership.infusionsoft.com/he/40333/b586c4d3a92ffb5ff1db09fe3ea8f59c

Tres Hatch is the author of Miracle Pill 10 Truths to Healthy, Thin, & Sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment